This is for those sellers out there who wish to sell on Amazon, India. This post will give you an overview on how to setup a seller account on Amazon India.
Information that must be kept ready before starting the registration process.
- Bank Account Details (For Amazon to process payment)
- Tax( PAN& VAT/CST/TIN) details of your business if you sell taxable products.
Step 1: Setup the Account
The seller needs to supply the following information to create an amazon seller account.
- First and Last Name
- Email Address
- Legal Name (Name of the Business)
Step 2: Add and verify mobile number
After completing step 2 we need to add a Mobile phone number and authenticate the Phone using an OTP that will be supplied by amazon.
Step 3: Setup Business/Business Profile
The seller needs to create a seller/business profile and should fill in the following information
- Store Name (Name of the Seller/Store , should be unique)
- Primary Category (Main category of the product sold , only one can be selected)
- Address – 2 Lines
Then if the location of the shop is compatible with Amazon Easy Ship , then we get the option to select that . For more details on Amazon Easy Ship Click Here or the seller can choose to use the courier service of their choice.
Step 4: Furnish Tax details
Then the user moves on to furnish their tax details in which they will be asked to fill in
- PAN Number
- VAT/TIN Number (if applicable)
- CST Number (if applicable)
Step 5: Seller Interview
Here the seller gets should provide the following details
- Categories in which they wish to sell
- Source of the products
- Annual Turnover
- How Many Products does the seller wish to sell
- Does the seller sell in other websites
Step 6: Seller Dashboard
Here the seller must do the following
- Create Product Listing
- Set Shipping rates
- Enter Bank Details
After those 6 steps are complete then the seller will be redirected to the seller central where the seller can view and manage their products and listing.